Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Thank you Suntrust, for the reminder.


So yesterday, when I got home I noticed that I had received the usual mail. I had a letter from my bank offering me some "amazing deal" that I quickly threw away, along with a newspaper from this area with some coupons inside. And then I had another letter from a bank that I don't do business with, which I decided I should open.

It was from Suntrust and when I opened it there was one of those fake checks inside. This is what the letter said that went with it:

"Dear Adriana Pariz,
Your friends at Suntrust would like to congratulate you on your WEDDING. We know it's an exciting time as you start a NEW LIFE and plan a future TOGETHER. Now's the time to combine your earning power in a JOINT ACCOUNT."

Wow, I learned so many things in just three sentences: 1. I'm married, who knew? 2. I missed my own wedding. And 3. This is an exciting time in my life.

Thank you Suntrust, for the reminder that I'm single and the only joint account I have is with myself. Should I still claim the $100 gift?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: